Softonic publishes Softonic.com, the leading global software and app discovery destination, offering the most complete selection of software and apps across hundreds of categories. The European company with one of the largest online audiences, and currently holds 40th position worldwide with more than 100 million unique monthly users who generate more than 4 million daily downloads on Softonic.com.
About the position
The Key Account Manager is responsible for overseeing the assigned portfolio of strategic accounts, growing and maintaining a long-term relationship with them in order to maximize the sales opportunities, focusing on driving results to the client while maximizing revenue for Softonic.
The KAM will be reporting to the Head of Account Management.
- Develop trust relationships with a portfolio of major clients to ensure the continuity and growth of their business with Softonic
- Acquire a thorough understanding of key customer needs and requirements in order to formulate the most suitable advertising proposals that meet those needs and maximize the revenue.
- Responsible for leading the account strategy in all aspects of growth and profitability, including customer growth, spending analysis, integrated account planning, opportunity, risks identification, and value communication.
- Achieve sales targets while meeting the needed performance for the clients’ campaigns.
- Prepare regular reports of progress and forecasts to internal and external stakeholders using key account metrics.
- Understand the relationship between Softonic' indirect demand and the direct performance campaigns, looking to maximize the overall revenue for the company.
- Attend industry trade shows and local events to meet clients and develop contacts.
- Evaluate Softonic inventory opportunities to maximize our monetization and develop proposals for the assigned portfolio of clients around such opportunities.
- Successful candidates will also demonstrate a willingness to take charge and work forcefully to achieve results, despite obstacles.
- Be a key player to introduce global Sales infrastructure, Best Practice and Methods in the Region.
- Serve as the link of communication between key customers and internal teams: Adops, Pricing, product team.
- Thrive in an environment that emphasizes teamwork through development and cooperative relationships, exchanging ideas, and a willingness to resolve all conflicts with quick communication.
Minimum experience and qualifications
- At least 3 years’ experience in a similar role, with a definite focus on generating business.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills with aptitude in building relationships with professionals of all organizational levels.
- Strong business acumen, negotiation and analytical skills.
- Excellent organizational skills, able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently.
- Ability to work on own initiative and deadline driven.
- A team player who is able to maintain excellent working relationships with clients and internal departments, willingness to work under pressure, and one who puts the needs of our Clients first.
- Passionate about people and passionate about sales.
- Demonstrated ability to sell value of media properties rather than just the program/price.
- Being proactive. Identifying problems and providing solutions, identifying new opportunities that can help the sales department to achieve Softonic goals.
- Good understanding of technology, Software vertical, ecommerce and contacts within the Online Advertising and Software distribution market.
- knowledge of online advertising concepts and fundamentals, tools and technologies.
- General knowledge of the following are a plus: Google AdManager 360, programmatic platforms (SSPs, Ad Exchanges) such as Rubicon, Pubmatic, Liverail, AdSense or Ad Exchange.
- Good knowledge of Excel, Google Analytics and data oriented.
Why Softonic? Discover more....