Softonic publishes Softonic.com, the leading global software and app discovery destination, offering the most complete selection of software and apps across hundreds of categories. The European company with one of the largest online audiences, and currently holds 40th position worldwide with more than 100 million unique monthly users who generate more than 4 million daily downloads on Softonic.com.
About the position
We are looking for an experienced SRE to join our Engineering team which will enable the business to maintain workloads in Google Cloud Platform. You will have a lot of flexibility to engineer a best-in-class architecture from the ground up. If you enjoy working with a great team, with really large amounts of data and solving big challenges using innovative, state-of-the-art solutions then this is the role for you.
- Experience in high traffic environments
- Knowledge in HTTP protocol and engines like Varnish, Apache or Nginx,
- Experience in networking technologies as loadbalancers, VPCs, firewalls, DNS, etc.
- Expertise in Linux
- Experience in one or more languages such as bash, Python, Go, or similar.
- Experience in Cloud environments (GCP, Azure and/or AWS)
- Knowledge in container technologies (Kubernetes, Docker)
- Comfort using development and CI/CD tools like Git, Bitbucket, Flux, Argo, etc.
- Collaborative and team player skills
- Experience with provisioning tools such as Terraform, CloudFormation or others.
- Knowledge of logging and monitoring systems (Stackdriver, ELK, Prometheus, Grafana, etc)
- Experience with SQL/NoSQL databases and distributed computing technology like MySQL, Redis, Elasticsearch, etc.
Why Softonic? Discover more....