Softonic publishes Softonic.com, the leading global software and app discovery destination, offering the most complete selection of software and apps across hundreds of categories. The European company with one of the largest online audiences, and currently holds 40th position worldwide with more than 100 million unique monthly users who generate more than 4 million daily downloads on Softonic.com.
About the position
As an Engineering Manager you are responsible to grow team members through the right support and empowerment, motivate, generate accountability & performance in Engineering teams as well as in the whole company.
- Have an overview of what the engineering team is working on and knock down any roadblocks in their way.
- Ensure the engineering team delivers Product value at the agreed time with Product Owners.
- Support engineers and help reach a resolution when challenges arise
- Set up alignment with the Head of Technology and contribute to establishing a mind-long term strategy for the engineering department.
- Iterate and improve our engineering processes and technical culture
- Management of engineers team that includes decisions, in agreement with HR, Agile coaches other team’s stakeholders, in terms of career plan, salary, vacations, performance reviews and internal conflicts.
- Participate in hiring and on-boarding of engineers
- Coaches people & organization
- Ensure people’s motivation.
- Implement and Organize Technical department topics (events, all-hands, etc.)
Minimum experience and qualifications
- At least 2 years taking the lead of tech projects and initiatives.
- You’re comfortable with participatory management.
- You have experience working with Agile methodologies(Scrum and/or Kanban, Lean).
- Ability to be a coach and mentor for direct reports and key stakeholders.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Application lifecycle management tools like Jira or Trello.
- Good attitude, positive, excellent problem solving and critical thinking
- You have strong verbal and written English and Spanish communication skills.
Why Softonic? Discover more....