Softonic publishes Softonic.com, the leading global software and app discovery destination, offering the most complete selection of software and apps across hundreds of categories. The European company with one of the largest online audiences, and currently holds 40th position worldwide with more than 100 million unique monthly users who generate more than 4 million daily downloads on Softonic.com.
About the position
We are looking to add an experienced VP of Technology. The right candidate is a go-getter who has managed the development and maintenance of large platforms. As the VP of Technology, you will bear ultimate responsibility and accountability for all technology deliverables. Lead cross-team engineers in a specific area and help to deploy the high-level technical strategy aligned and being part of the leadership team. Along with Engineering Managers and Head of Technology, you will provide mentoring and guidance to the entire technology organization.
You will report directly to the CEO of the Company
- Constantly contribute as the primary technical stakeholder providing expert advice and strategy at Leadership level.
- Responsible for the overall technology and backend of the architecture of the company.
- Responsible for the implementation of new technological challenges, together with the Head of Technology, with the maximum technical excellence, quality and efficiency, according to the needs and resources of the organization. Likewise, take initiative and execute projects of continuous improvement and systematization of processes, working with transversal and interdepartmental teams.
- Partner with internal groups to set clear expectations among stakeholders and provide technical roadmaps to accomplish business needs.
- Lead internal and external software development efforts, including all required monitoring and reporting progress against critical product roadmap timelines and milestones.
- Ensure quality, scalability, and security of core platforms; ensure uptime and service level agreements with internal and external customers.
- Manage the budget of the department and control the economic-financial investment of the projects versus their profitability.
- Build, define and inspire an engaged, and creative team.
- Manage recruitment, development, and retention of a world-class team of engineers keeping them focused, motivated and engaged, aligning with our business goals.
- Ensure career development and performance reviews of his direct team.
- Identify new technological trends that bring success to the business, as well as new products or services.
Minimum experience and qualifications
- Minimum 5 years leading and driving multiple development teams showing a strong ability to manage multiple projects with competing deadlines in a fast-paced and Agile environment.
- Advertising technology experience is ideal
- Be a good leadership role model for the team demonstrating a track record of successfully hiring, motivating, and retaining talented engineers.
- Be familiar with the concepts of cloud services (GCP), containers and micro services as well as JS and PHP environments and frameworks.
- Very good experience in Agile development methodologies and delivery.
- DevOps/Automation experience.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills bilingual Spanish-English.
Why Softonic? Discover more....